Things that make you look cool
It was a lovely afternoon, not too warm, nor too cold. I had my shorts on with a polyester blue shirt. I was sitting near a window from which yellow-orange sunlight poured on my naked thighs. A lovely bright afternoon, and it was on that day I started thinking of the effects of personal charisma of oneself on the world around us. When we say that someone is “cool” or “charismatic”, we are making more than just a statement on how they carry themselves. We are making a statement on their entire lifestyle, the kind of person they are, their priorities, things they spend time on, and how they treat others around them.
Would you call a rude ashole who goes around the room and says nasty things about everyone a charismatic or a cool person? Would you call a guy who is sensitive to your feelings and speaks sensible things whenever his mouth opens a charismatic guy? Might be.
Being cool or charismatic means more than just being the smartest/most handsome/most beautiful person in the room for the sake of social status alone. It means that people like and they will stand for you/follow you if need be. There’s a reason that people with insurmountable will and beaming personal charisma like Steve Jobs have build the most innovative products in the past. Personal charisma plays a great role in leading people and making them believe in you and in a purpose.
So, how does someone go about looking cool?
PS: I am not cool, I am anti-cool and I like it :), and so my views are completely free of any prejudice over the topic.
- Dress well. A person well dressed gets involved in the environment like cheese on pizza. Dressing well means that you take your time to make yourself look presentable and people, in turn, feel good being around you. Nah! Don’t deny that. No one likes being around a person who dresses like a bummer. It’s a fact, a sad one maybe, depending upon who you ask.
- Speak well. A soft-spoken person is sweeter to the ears than the music of the greatest harp players who have ever lived.
- Confidence. Confidence in this list is the one most important factor that cannot be ruled out. Confidence is hard to explain and it has no rough boundaries. But it is the most important quality of a cool/charismatic person. It doesn’t mean imposing yourself on others or being self-righteous, it means having the courage to admit your mistake and at the same time believing that you are right.
- Being warm. If you are warm and considerate to other people standing in the circle, your personal charisma boosts automatically.
- Being rich. Having some “toys” doesn’t hurt. People look up to people who are better than them. A student looks up to a topper, an engineer to his boss, and an entrepreneur to his role model leader. Similarly, in society, we have mental distinctions of people based on their financial conditions. It may be deeper enrooted in some as compared to others, and thus having a good watch, driving a nice vehicle won’t hurt.
- Don’t make your hairstyle in a weird way, it only looks bad. A person looks best when their hair looks relatable and “normal”.
- Good health. A person with good health and a lean body always looks more attractive. This point has a broader scope than written. A person who looks physically attractive automatically attracts attention if confident enough.
A person who doesn’t try to be cool, is cool.